Zerodha is one of the leading discount brokers in India. They are Bangalore based firm and were started in 2010. They have grown tremendously in last 7 years and have more than 2.5 lakh customer trading with them now.
They have an attractive brokerage plan for different segments:-
- ZERO Brokerage plan: – They have a special plan for investors. For delivery (holding) of shares, you don’t need to pay any brokerage.
- Fixed Brokerage: – For daily traders (Intraday and F&O), they charge as per a range means max rs.20 else .01% whichever is lower (Out of 20 and .01% whichever is lower charged as a brokerage)
In March 2017, they have started providing online account opening using AADHAR card. All you need for that is-
- You must be KYC registered(Check below) and
- Secondly you must have number which is linked with Aadhaar, because online account opening is Aadhaar based using OTP sent on your mobile.
Before proceeding, you must check whether you are KYC registered or not. For checking this
- You need to visit https://www.cvlkra.com/
- Click on KYC Inquiry tab and enter your PAN number, put captcha and Submit.
- Then result window will appear which shows that you are registered or not. If any box have date, KYC mode normal and IPV flag=Y then it means that you are registered. Else you will have NOT AVAILABLE as the result.
After checking KYC registered status, you are able to enter in the Aadhaar based account opening process. For that, let us show you steps of online account opening with zerodha, which will help you with the process.
Visit https://zerodha.com and put your name, number and email id and press CONTINUE TO SIGN UP button.
Now, set up password for login into account opening dashboard and then continue.
Now enter your PAN number and date of birth and proceed further by pressing continue.
Now moving to the next step, here you need to choose the type of account you need to open. There are two account mentioned first Equity and currency (Rs. 300) while second is commodity (Rs. 200). You can open both of them or choose one as per your need too. Just select the checkbox and press select and pay.
Now you need to select the mode of payment. They will provide you three modes for payment, it’s via card, net banking or Wallet.
After successful payment, you will move to the next page. Here you will have a message written on the top that You are already KYC registered (which shows that you can open account online). Now you need to fill bank details which you want to link to your trading account, need IFSC, Account number and scroll down, fill background details which are Martial status, Mother’s full name, annual income, occupation and trading experience. Now check I agree and proceed by clicking continue.
In this step, you need to select the way for opening account. There are two options available first Aadhaar based (Online) and second I’ll print and courier(Offline). Select Aadhar.
After proceeding with Aadhaar, in this step you need to upload documents. Three things needed to be upload-
- Bank Proof (Cancelled Cheque or Bank statement)
- Income Proof (6 month bank statement/salary slip or ITR)
- Current Signature (on white paper)
Scroll down on the same page, there you will see Time to eSign , click on eSign equity
Now you need to sign in, for this you can use your existence email id from which you are login here, else you can use any other google account for login too.
Here we are proceeding with Email verification code by continuing from same id.
Further, enter OTP which you will get into email id and then submit
In this step, you need to fill your Aadhaar number, checkbox near I agree, then click on get OTP; you will have an OTP in your Aadhaar registered mobile number. Just put that and click on Verify.
Now in the next step, screen will appear where you need to click on Sign now
After clicking Sign now an OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Just click on Checkbox in front of I agree and then put OTP in the box and Submit.
Your account opening process is completed now, scroll up and click on dashboard, there you will get DEMAT POA, click on it and download & print it, then do signature on F13 and F14 boxes and send it to Zerodha’s HQ via post.
Hope this would have helped you in filling the online form using Aadhar step by step.
Do have a look at the video of the same online process.
Do read our exhaustive review about Zerodha and it various products here.