Trading academy is a online stock trading webinar course provided by Upstox, previously known as RKSV which trains student in Technical Analysis. It is a live webinar which take place in the evening for 6 days, each session of 2 hours. For more details about the date and availability options, please visit Trade Academy. This is a good course if you are just starting in the market and want to understand what is technical analysis. It is also good for traders who want a refresher course in technical analysis and want to better understand the trading platform provided by Upstox.
After I signed up on the website, I was given a welcome call by one of the coordinators and a link to the webinar in my email box. I clicked on the link and in about 5 minutes the webinar had begun. The audio had some problems initially, but was solved. The session covers the following topics in detail :-
1) Candlestick charting – In this session, you will be taught to read candlestick charts from the basics. So even if you are new to technical analysis you will get a good idea of how to read candlestick charts. The session begins with the basics and quickly moves up to trading methodologies that can be used with the ongoing trend. This is a two hour session.
2) Chart Patterns – This session explain in details various chart pattern which you should see while trading. Tradeacademy covers all patterns that work on Indian stocks, this is what I found to be a major differentiation, not only did we discuss identification rules, trading but also how these patterns work in the Indian markets. There are hundreds of patterns out there, this session very carefully explores the ones that work and ignore the rest. Very to-the point session.
3) Options Decoded – In this session, we covered the basic of options along with a few strategies. Now, so far all the sessions were based on price charts and required us to identify a setup to trade. This session had yet another surprising thing up it’s sleeve. We learnt a strategy where we did not need to look at price charts to place a trade, it was mostly based on volatility and some calculations. Options by far have always intrigued me and this session truly was upto the mark. However I feel it would be more beneficial if we spent more time on this subject, the people at TA have promised a dedicated course on options soon….oh well…
4) The Newton Method – This was the class we were waiting for! All 25 of us showed (by now we had significant bonding with each other) up well before time. This method was a price based method that used crowd psychology. For example, in an uptrend if the market breaks down and fails that would be our point of entry for longs (buy). This setup was interesting for two major reasons: a) Since short sellers are trapped they panic and close (read buy back) their positions pushing the market up within 2-3 bars. And b) This is NOT an anti trend method as it may sound, it works well in all market conditions except sideways where we may have 1-2 bad trades.
My back-test shows a really handsome return, most of the times we had zero trades in sideways marks which is really great.
5) Advanced trading platform – In this session, you would be provided details about how to use advanced trading platform specifically Upstox. It is important that you understand the intricacies of trading platform to become a successful trader. We explored types of orders, order entry, using charts, indicators, drawing tools and even back-office (taxes, profit loss etc..)
6) Trading Opportunities – Now that we learnt how to trade, it was the time of execution. We explored what opportunities to trade exist in the coming week and got all our doubts cleared. This session mainly exists as a grand finale to show how to pick stocks, spot opportunities and prepare for the upcoming week.
This course has six session over a period of 2 weeks. This price for the course is Rs. 6000 and if you complete the course and want to trade on Upstox, you will get Rs. 2000 brokerage credit back. So the actual cost for you would be Rs. 4,000. You can also get a refund on the course after the first session if you are not happy with the course. 100% money would be refunded. No questions asked.
The courses are taught in simple English and Hindi. To get an idea on how the courses are, you can have a look at the first lesson in the “Intro to stock markets” course.
There are many more videos uploaded by Trading academy which talk about the basics of stock trading and would you will need to know if you are interested in trading. The best thing is that it is Indian content, for Indian audiences, presented by Indian traders. Also, you could make trading buddies who have learned trading with you on the webinar and can discuss your trading strategies with them . The webinar also offers recording, so you can re-visit the technical analysis sessions again. You will also get a certificate of completing the technical analysis course.
In case you have any more question or concern, please visit trading academy website www.tradeacademy.com to get more details.