Upstox, (formerly RKSV Securities), is one of India’s top broking firms specializing in the zero brokerage costs model. Founded by Ravi Kumar, Raghu Kumar and Shrini Viswanath, Upstox now accounts for 2% of daily turnover of NSE. Upstox’ customers can trade on BSE, NSE and starting in 2016 on MCX. (approx. Rs. 7000 crore daily traded turnover)
Upstox is backed by Mr. Ratan Tata, Kalaari Group and GVK Davix and prides itself as the technology-first low cost brokerage firm. The cutting-edge trading platform is built in-house by the team of engineers at Upstox’ head office at Sunshine Towers in Lower Parel, Mumbai. Traders and investors can use the sophisticated charting tools on Upstox Pro Web and Mobile platforms in order to analyze the markets and make profits.
Upstox offers free brokerage on equity delivery trading and trading in Equity F&O, Equity IntraDay, Commodities and Currency Derivatives can be done for a flat fee of Rs. 20 per order traded irrespective of the order volume. Upstox also offers NRI trading and will soon provide for investing in Mutual Funds.
In 2016, Upstox launched E-Aadhaar account opening system thus breaking the barrier faced by customers while opening an account with other brokerage firms. You just need your Aadhaar Card number and PAN Number in order to open an account with Upstox. It is completely paperless and seamless! Account opening is FREE with Upstox.
Upstox is also a registered member of CDSL and NSDL and is eligible to provide Depository Participant (DP) services. The company remains a registered member of NSE, BSE and MCX in the name of RKSV Securities.
Upstox focuses on educating and training people about the financial markets and how to profit through them. Trade Academy, the educational-arm of Upstox, has been conducting online classes to train aspirants across India and abroad about everything from basics of the stock markets to options trading strategies to introducing algorithmic trading to experts in the industry. Trade Academy runs free and premium online courses that are attended by large number of audience every day.
In order to make sophisticated trading experience accessible to all, Upstox offers LoginLess feature on their Upstox Pro mobile app. Loginless allows you to do many things, without even an account, such as:
- Easily search for stocks, even the complex ones
- Access all NSE cash, Futures and Options and Currencies scrips
- Use cutting edge charting tools
- Create charts with multiple intervals, drawing studies and types
- Apply 100+ technical indicators on real-time charts
- Set unlimited no. of price alerts for instant updates
- Create unlimited customized watch-lists
- Receive real-time market feeds to stay on top of your scrips
- Access predefined watch-list of Nifty 50
Once you have downloaded the app, you can easily open a paperless trading account with Upstox and start placing trades.
Click here to watch the Loginless video!
Upstox’ referral program offers existing customers the chance to earn additional money in brokerage credit by referring their friends to open an account and trade with Upstox. A special dashboard is created for existing customers so that they can track their earnings from referrals.
Upstox Brokerage Charges – 2017
Upstox’s brokerage plan is simple and attractive. Trade in Equity Delivery is completely free and for all other segments you pay only Rs 20 per order executed.
Margins provided by Upstox – Also customers get intraday leverage of 15x on Equities for FNO listings, 2x for scrips with 20% circuit limit, 3x on NSE F&O, 3x on BSE/NSE Currency F&O and 2.5x on MCX Commodity Futures.
Special Margins for Cover Order or Bracket Order – 20x on NSE/BSE Cash, upto 6x in NSE Futures, upto 4x in Currency futures, upto 3x in MCX.
- Equity Delivery Based Trades: Rs 0 (Free)
- Equity Intraday Trades: Rs. 20 per executed order
- Equity Future: Rs. 20 per executed order
- Equity Options: Rs. 20 per executed order (on Turnover)
- Currency Futures and Options: Rs. 20 per executed order
- Commodity Futures: Rs. 20 per executed order
- Trading Account Opening Charges (One Time): Rs 150
- Demat account Opening Charges (One Time): Rs 150
- Trading Annual maintenance charges (AMC): Zero
- Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC): Rs 150
- Call and Trade feature is available at Rs. 20 per call order.
- Digital Contract notes are sent via Email. Physical copies of contract notes can be ordered at additional charge of Rs. 25 per contract + courier charges.
- Instant payment gateway charges for over 20 banks – Rs 7 per fund transfer. Max transfer limit to 2 Lakhs Rs per day.
- Money withdrawals charges applies as per RBI guidelines.
- Standard NSE charges, transaction charges and statutory levies are charged.
For STT, Stamp Duty, Service Tax and SEBI Charges please refer the Commission and Fees tab.
Upstox Margin/Exposures and Intra-day Leverage
- Upstox Margin for NSE Cash/BSE Cash – Upstox offers upto 20X for stock listed in F&O, upto 2X for stocks with 20% circuit breaker for all MIS (Intraday) Orders. For CO and BO orders, a combined basket of F&O underlying and NIFTY CNX 200 scrips are offered a leverage of upto 20x.
- Upstox Margin for Equity Futures – Upstox offers upto 6X leverage for CO and BO Orders, whereas 4x leverage in case of MIS orders.
- Upstox Exposure for Options Buying Trading – Upstox offers 1.3X leverage for CO and BO Orders and No leverage in MIS for Options buying.
- Upstox Exposure for Equity Options Selling – Upstox offers upto 4X leverage for all selling options.
- Upstox Margin for Currency Futures – Upstox offers upto 4X leverage for MIS/CO and BO orders.
- Upstox Margin for Commodity – Upstox offers upto 3X margin in Non Agri commodities with CO orders and 2.5x for MIS orders.
Account Opening with Upstox (RKSV)
For online trading with Upstox, an investor or a trader has to open a simple 2-in-1 account (Trading and Demat). Account opening is the easiest with Upstox. Starting in 2016 Upstox pioneered Paperless account opening system. Now you just need your Aadhaar Card Number and PAN Number to open an account online. Gone are the days of filling out multiple forms, signing, printing and sending them to the broker in mail.
Here are the ways to open an account with Upstox:
- Fill out the details in the online form here.
- Contact Phone Number: +91-22-6130-9999
- Contact email: [email protected]
- Registered Office: Upstox, 807 New Delhi House, New Delhi 110001
- Corporate Office: 30th Floor, Sunshine Tower, Senapati Bapat Marg, Dadar (W), Mumbai, 400 013
Upstox (RKSV) Web, Mobile app and Desktop base trading platform – 2017
Upstox provides web browser and mobile app based trading platforms to its users.
Upstox Pro Web – With more and more people moving towards online trading, Upstox has turned their web-based trading platform into the most sophisticated and cutting-edge tool which helps traders and investors to calculate fast and place trades in live markets quickly. It is a light-weight browser-based platform that you can access on your computer, laptop or tablet–without having to download anything. Trading with Upstox means that you can say Goodbye to those large .exe files that crowd your desktop.
Upstox Desktop – One of the most reputed trading platform “Omnesys NEST” is the official trading terminal for Upstox. This trading terminal is a one-stop shop for your trading needs, from advanced charting to quick order placement, portfolio, fund transfer, margin report and Market Watch. Customizable interface, Multi Monitor support, customizable hotkeys and shortcuts.
Key features of Upstox Pro are:
- Fast market feeds
- Trade on all exchanges & all segments with a single Sign In
- Real time quotes
- Instant notifications
- Bank transfer available with 40+ banks.
- Real time margin – alert for margin changes
- One click trades.
- Keyboard shortcuts – like desktop, you can use shortcuts for trading in the browser of your choice.
- Account balance, historical reports, daily order status reports and much more.
For detail review of mobile app and download please visit Upstox (RKSV) Mobile App.
Final thought about Upstox (RKSV)
Upstox is a technology-focused online broking firm that leads by example. The broker separates itself from the competition with its innovative trading platforms and its unwavering focus on providing cutting edge trading tools and platforms for its users. Irrespective of the device that you use, Upstox is available for you. Be it your cellphone, laptop, tablet or even your desktop with internet access – Upstox Pro Web and Upstox Pro Mobile are seamless and hassle-free for your use. Specializing in the low brokerage model, Upstox offers FREE equity delivery trading and upto Rs. 20 per trade irrespective of the order volume for IntraDay trading. Upstox is leading the emerging “Free Broker” category.