SBI Capital Securities, is a 100% subsidiary owned by SBI Capital Markets. Their services include Retail equity, Broking, institutional equity and Depository Participant services. They provide online trading services to retail customer at http://www.sbismart.com. Online you can trade with them in equity, future and option and currency. They also provide Mutual funds buying service and IPO.
• Live Quotes, NSE Cash & Derivatives, BSE Cash with charting option.
• Mark a lien on your funds in your bank account/shares in your demat account to trade online
• The funds/shares on which lien has been marked will be transferred from your bank/demat account only if the transactions placed are actually executed
•Seamless integration of SBI bank with eZ-trade for pay in/pay out.
• Online reports like P&L, ledger reports etc
• Automated payout of funds and securities
• Online Research reports
• Highly secure trading platform
SBI Smart Android App – Demat Mobile software
They have also come up with an android app using which you can trade right from your mobile. There is no extra charge for using the same. You can create market watch on the app, trade using the app and see your holding all at one place. Even payout payin of funds is possible on the mobile app.
Here are some screenshot of the app
Sbi demat account charges
The account opening charges for SBI Demat account is as follows:-
Account Opening Charges Individual 850/- Plus KRA Charges (As Applicable)
Account Opening Charges Non Individual 1000/- Plus KRA Charges (As Applicable)
SBI Demat account Brokerage Charges are as follows
Apart from this brokerage charge, there is Demat account Annual Maintenance charges which are as follows
List of document required to open an account:
• Proof of Identity – Copy of PAN Card (three Copies self attested)
• Three Recent passport sized photographs
• Proof of Address – Copy of any one of the following (Self Attested)
Electricity bill (not more than 2 months old)
Bank Pass Book
Bank Proof: Copy of Bank Pass Book or Personalised Cheque Leaf
Demat Account Proof: Demat Account Statement or Client Master
In case you are going to trade in F&O, you will need a ITR or 6 months of bank statement or salary proof.
How to open Demat Account in SBI
Call them at phone number provided below and ask that you want to open an account with them.
1.Call on Toll free number: 1800-22-3345 to speak to a Customer Service executive
2.Land Line: 022-61536900 / 24231300
They will take your contact number and someone from marketing team will call you with details about account opening.
As they are a full service broker, there brokerage is on a higher side. So if you are someone who is just starting to trade or have a account with SBI and want to open Demat account with them, it is Ok. But there are much better options available in the market like Sharekhan or ICICIdirect who are full service and in case you want to pay lower brokerage and comfortable trading on your own, you can go with discount brokers like Zerodha or RKSV.