Kotak Securities was founded in 1994 as a subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank. They are corporate members with the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange. Kotak are also a depository participant with National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) and Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL). Kotak Securities have 1209 branches, franchisees and satellite offices and covers around 400 cities across India. They have 11.95 Lakh customer accounts and Over 5 Lakh trades per day. They are able to provide 3-1 account as you can have all a bank account, Trading account and Demat account with HDFC.
Account opening fees:
- Trading Account Opening Charges (One Time): Rs 750
- Trading Annual maintenance charges (AMC): Rs 0
- Demat Account Opening Charges (One Time): – Ro 0
- Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC): Rs 600 per annum
Kotak Brokerage Charges:-
Below you will find the latest Brokerage rate of Kotak security.
|BROKERAGE CHARGES 2016-17|
|Equity Options||Rs 300 per lot|
|Currency Options||Rs.20 per lot|
- Stock Broking services:- Trade in the Stock Market, invest in IPOs, Mutual Funds or Currency Derivatives using whichever mode that suits you best. Online, offline or even on stock trading app.
- Portfolio Management services:- Portfolio Management Service with expert advice
- Dual benefit: Stock Brokers + Depository Participants:- Kotak Securities is not just a stock broking firm. They are also participants with depositories like the NSDL and the CSDL. That means you can now execute transactions using their stock broking services and settle your trades using their depository services.
- Research Expertise:- Benefit from in-depth stock market analysis.
- Updated Market Data:- you benefit from the street smart tips, up-to-the-minute market information and inside news that their sales teams deliver on a daily basis.
- International Reach
Kotak Securities’s Trading Platforms
Trading platform of Kotak Securities are as follows:-
- Website Based Trading– Kotak also offers a light weight trading website ‘Xtralite’, which can be used by investors if they have low bandwidth connection. This does not provide charting and some other data heavy functionality but you should be able to buy and sell easily using this platform. It is good for trading on 2G.
- Trading Terminals (KEATProX)– Kotak offers two different trading terminal based application which are very popular among stock traders.
- KEATProX is an exe based installable desktop application providing fastest trading experience. It can be used by advanced traders for doing technical analysis etc
- FASTLANE is a Java applet based application which gives you a trading terminal kind of experience without any installation on your computer.
- Kotak Stock trader– This is the app based trading platform provided by HDFC sec. On this app, you can trade online, track your portfolio, get live streaming quotes and much more. This is free with any account and you can use this for trading on the go.
Kotak security is good for someone who is looking for 3-1 account but there brokerage is on a higher side. To read more about the best stock brokers in India, read our review on Top 10 stock brokers in India.
If you want to open account, please provide your details below